Starts and finishes at Leeds Art Gallery!
1.30 – 3.30pm, in Unison’s regional office, Commerce House, Wade Lane, LS28NJ
Please remember to come to the door at the back of the building http://www.unison-yorks.org.uk/contact.html
We are hoping that campaigners from Scarborough can make this meeting. They have launched a magnificent campaign against local cuts and closures and have 26,000 signatures on an on line petition.
Suggested items for the agenda include
1. Updates from recent events round the region
999 Call for the NHS JR Appeal Hearing 21.11
HCT’s national Social Care Conference 24.11
South Yorks and Bassetlaw Group , including their lobby 20.11
70th Birthday poetry book launch 24.11
Save Scarborough and District Hospitals Campaign
Hands off HRI
and any other groups wanting to pitch in with news
2. Progress with specific issues and what more needs to be done e
Wholly Owned Subsidiaries
Resisting Integrated Care Partnerships/ Systems, particularly trying to make more impact on Scrutiny Boards and Councillors
3. What next ?
Maxing opportunities provided by the winter crisis to highlight bed and staffing shortages, safety issues and state of social care / neglect
Maxing opportunities provided by the Brexit debacle to highlight desperate staffing shortages
Exposing privatisation and its costs both in health and social care
Continuing to fight cuts and closures on the ground and supporting each other across the region as much as possible.
NB Wirral ‘s recent victory resisting closure of walk in / urgent care centres
4. Upcoming events
Yorkshire march for the NHS; proposed date 30thMarch in Leeds ?
Don’t miss Leeds Teaching Hospitals Trust consultations re their grand plans for development at LGI:
Friday 9th Nov 10 –3 and Monday 19 Nov. 4-8pm, Carriageworks, Millennium Square.
We want to know:
Where their money will come from?
If, where and how there will be bed reductions?
Will there be private sector developments of eating and retail facilities?
- Leeds KONP stall this Saturday 3rd Nov 11-12.15 ish Commercial St, near Accessorise, not far from Boots.
- Register and come to Health Campaigns Together “Reclaim Social Care” Conference on Sat. 17thNovember in Birmingham . Register at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/reclaim-social-care-tickets-50492034033
Come along to one of the official NHS or LA Board meetings which the public can attend as observers and often put brief questions:
- Tues 6th Nov 11-1 West Yorks & H’gate Joint CCGs mtg, Junction 25 Conference & Mtg Venue, Kirkdale House, Armytage Road Brighouse, HD6 1QF ( short space for questions from the public at the beginning)
- Tues 6th Nov. 1.30 – 4ish Leeds Adults, Health and Active Lifestyles Scrutiny Board at Leeds Civic Hall.
- Wed 28th Nov 2-5 Leeds CCG Board Meeting at the Old Fire Station , Gipton Approach LS9 6NL ( space for questions, usually at start and near end.)
- Wed 5th Dec 10.30 West Yorks and Harrogate Joint Scrutiny Committee Venue tbc – prob not Leeds ( short deputations allowed at beginning)
- Wed 12th Dec at 1.30 Leeds Health and Wellbeing Board ( venue tbc ) ( questions at beginning)
- A working meeting/ group to look at mental health services and plans in Leeds and West Yorks. Date to be fixed , probably late Nov. Hoping some Leeds Hospital Alert members will join us. Please let me know if you are interested
- NHS 70th birthday poetry book launch on Sat Nov 24th2pm at York Library , organised by Christine Hyde from Dewsbury KONP with readings and a performance of Defend Our NHS York / Anne Leonard’s NHS “ Mystery Play” with walk ons from 2 of our Leeds KONPers ! See https://www.hopesmith.org.uk .
Next Meetings of Leeds KONP both in the Victoria Hotel, Great George St. directly at the rear of the Town Hall:
Wed 14th Nov 6.30 – 8pm – ordinary meeting
Wed 28th Nov 6.30 until 8.30/9 extra-ordinary meeting / social
Hard copies of postcards please contact us.
Download copies (pdf)
Some pics from yesterday and latest minutes
From our Calderdale colleagues, if you or any relatives / friends affected, please pass on these dates.