Thanks to everyone who helped us have a lively presence both inside and outside the theatre at Mark Thomas’s NHS at 70 show in Wakefield on Wednesday. He was feisty and to the point and the theatre was packed out ! There are some pics on our facebook. https://www.facebook.com/groups/141710829185241/
LA and health meetings coming up if anyone wants to join the public gallery!
- Leeds Adults and Health Scrutiny Board 23rd April 1.30 in the Civic Hall,
- Leeds Health and Wellbeing Board 25th April 10am – venue to be confirmed
More opportunities to march with the Leeds KONP banner and help get our messages across at
- Leeds TUC May Day march Sat 4th May, assembling at 11.30 at Leeds Art Gallery
- Banners Held High Sat. May 18th in Wakefield For the march/ parade assemble 11am Smyth St. nr. Westgate station. Later there are stalls, films, theatre etc until 5
- Save the date – 29th June for our Northern Conference in Leeds.
For more events see the minutes and for more info re NHS England’s public consultation on possible changes in legislation affecting the NHS (https://www.engage.england.nhs.uk/…/nhs-long-term-plan-leg…/) which closes on 25th April and KONP’s position on proposed legislative changes, see John Puntis latest post on our facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/141710829185241/
You are all very welcome at the next meeting of LEEDS KEEP OUR NHS PUBLIC this Wednesday 24th April 6.30-8pm in the Victoria Hotel, behind Leeds Town Hall
The next meeting on 8th May we are aiming to have a discussion about Labour Party policy and practice re the NHS with Councillor Paul Truswell.
Read the Minutes for more