We are focusing on supporting the junior doctors who are starting their all out strike on Tuesday 26th and Wed 27th from 8am to 5pm each day with understandable anxiety as well as steadfast determination. They need all the support we can give them so if you have time and availability please consider
- Monday 25th between 9 and 5pm : dropping by to show solidarity with the #juniordoctors who are keeping a stall going outside Quarry House ( behind the Playhouse car park).
- Tues 26th and Wed. 27th from 8am until 12ish : support the jds’ pickets at LGI and St. James. If you can write a message of support on a piece of cardboard to take along , bring trade union banners, placards etc that would be good. At LGI we will be putting up our bunting in front of the Brotherton entrance opposite Millennium Square. The docs may be on the move mid morning on Tuesday.
- Tuesday 26th from 5.30 – 7.30 : #Otley vigil in support of the junior docs and our NHS outside Wharfedale Hospital, Newall Carr Road.
- Wednesday 27th April 6.30pm – 8.pm, Leeds KONP meeting all welcome, O’Neills, rear of Leeds town hall
- Thursday 28th April 9-10am : Lobby the Northern Vanguarding Network Event at the Metropolitan Hotel, near Leeds railway station.
- Thursday 28th –7.30 : Hands Round #Dewsbury Hospital event at the Healds Road entrance to protest at the downgrading of A & E, maternity etc http://www.hievents.co.uk/events/521873/hands-around-dewsbury-hospital-event
- 30th April assemble 11.30 outside Leeds Art Gallery for Leeds TUC annual May Day March and rally. We’ll be taking the KONP banner.There will be a BMA rep speaking on the junior doctors’ dispute as well as Tim Roache, GMB Gen. Sec. and Richard Burgon, MP for Leeds East.